In today’s world we all consider variety to be the spice of life and having options makes anyone and everyone happy, be it making an investment whose benefit the person will enjoy in the future. Similarly, when one is planning to become a boat owner anytime in the near future, deciding the material one wants for his boat’s frame is a decision worth sitting down and thinking about. The materials have their own different pros and cons, and understanding what one is getting from each is going to be key in understanding which one is right. Few pros and cons are as follows;
- Improved Quality- These days modern boats are being constructed with welding technology, wherein aluminium has come into focus with innovation.
- Longevity- Aluminum typically comes with a lifetime hull warranty, which gives its owner peace of mind in the longevity of the boat itself.
- Power and Strength- Aluminium boats offer about 10 times the strength of fiberglass, which means better fuel economy and quickness on the water.
- Noisy- Water slapping against the hull causes much more noise than the hull made up of materials.
- Maintenance- Application of an anti-fouling agent on aluminium is a bit harder than fiberglass, thus it results in more expense. Aluminium boat manufacturers provide excellent service for the same.
It is important for one to consider both, the pros and cons before purchasing making any purchase.